bktr : unable to tune

I am running NetBSD 6.1 i386

I have an old TV card "Pixelview PlayTV Pro 2".

I can read the chipset on the card as "conexant fusion 878a"  - perhaps
close to Bt878 which is supported by bktr driver?

I am able to view Composite video using xawtv application. To this extent
the things are working.

I am not able to get it to tune the RF signal. (Checked RF signal on TV.
It is fine.)

xawtv is seen giving the following message continuously on trying to tune:
Warning: Actions not found: set-values

# dmesg | grep bktr
bktr0 at pci6 dev 2 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
bktr0: Card has no configuration EEPROM. Cannot determine card make.
bktr0: Pinnacle/Miro TV, Temic PAL I tuner.

Perhaps the card is detected wrongly.

In man bktr I can see 17 options for options BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD=n.

My card is not present in the list, though could I select one with same
chipset and is there any way to recognize a nearly matching card?

Also, to try out various options, is kernel recompilation the only way or
is there any boot or runtime way to try out options?

Mayuresh.