Re: nd6_setmtu0: new link MTU on iwn0 (576) is too small for IPv6 which needs 1280

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> On 3 December 2014 at 21:02, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Have you run tcpdump to see what's provoking this?
> No. I haven't. Actually I haven't run tcpdump for a while. What
> paramaters should I use?

before starting wpa_gui:

# tcpdump -s1500  -i [interfacename] -w DUMP

then after you have a bad situation, stop it, and

tcpdump -r DUMP

and then you can filter, or rerun with -v (or more -v args for more
detail).

The thing to look for is control traffic from the router that might
contain an instruction to your box to reduce the MTU.  Or maybe wpa_gui
or the base system are just buggy.