System fully writable right after install

Hello,

just performed a fresh install of a Netbsd 6.1 patch (amd64) from the
releng repos. The installl was very smooth (I had tried a Nebsd-7
install but I encountered fatal errors).

The last time I installed 6.1.2 I remember the system booting read
only in single mode. I had to remount / rw and edit rc.conf and
restart.

To my surprise I didn't have to do anything, the system is already rw
and I haven't even touched rc.conf.

I am using wireless and didn't have to configure anything. During
installation it detected wireless settings automatically and installed
pkgsrc.

As it is a fresh installation, has anything changed in the 6-1 installer?