dovecot 2.2.1x user auth fails on netbsd-7_BETA

Hi,

I noticed this thread you started earlier this year on the dovecot mailing list:
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2014-April/095690.html

Then I installed dovecot from pkgsrc with default (+SSL enabled) configuration, I see the same behaviour on a netbsd-7_BETA.
Output from doveconf -n on my installation:

[…]
passdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocols = imap lmtp
ssl_ca = /etc/openssl/certs/CAcertClass3Root.pem
ssl_cert = </etc/openssl/certs/wildcard.pettai.se.pem
ssl_key = </etc/openssl/private/wildcard.pettai.se.key
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}

What kernel version did you upgrade to then it stopped working for you?
Did you manage to resolve this problem by changing the dovecot configuration, or did you simply back-out your new kernel?

According to the dovecot author, he replies this to a Linux user with the same issue:

 "You have misconfigured Dovecot's auth sockets. Providing doveconf -n output would help figuring out the problem.
  Or just delete all the auth-related socket settings from config files and it should work."

Re,
/P