[Solved] NetBSD 6.1.5: firefox24 crashes

It had been a problem of the fonts.  I just had installed firefox without installing any fonts.  Maybe the dependencies needs to be extended.

Carsten

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Carsten Kunze <carsten.kunze%arcor.de@localhost>
An:      netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Datum:   07.11.2014 21:10
Betreff: NetBSD 6.1.5: firefox24 crashes

Hello,

I have just upgraded 6.1.4 -> 6.1.5, now firefox24 immediately crashes at start with "Memory fault".  This did not happen on 6.1.4.  I have a amd64 system (actually qemu-kvm on Linux, but that should not matter).

I did pkgin update and full-upgrade but that did not help.

(Is there any ongoing work on a newer firefox version?  An outdated firefox may be one of the biggest security issues ...)

Carsten