synaptics values

Hello,
        I have a Dell Latitude D610.  It has a touchpad which with the
        NetBSD-6 X11 is programmable.  I have worked around my main
        inconvenience of mistaken pressures and taps on it while
        typing.  Now it seems to not respond to definite clicks.  Does
        someone have some representative values to program the
        xf86-synaptics driver to be appropriately and not non- or over-
        sensitive to a developing fault in the hardware?

        Thanks,
        John R. Towler
        jtowler%soncom.com@localhost