Re: bootsplash for netbsd?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 07:58:03PM +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> perhaps my googling skills are bad, but i couldn't find a way
> to present a bootsplash under netbsd.
>
> does it exist?
> if it does, where may i find more information about it's usage?

It is under the GENERIC kernel configuration of NetBSD-6.1.4:

# enable splash screen support; requires genfb or radeonfb
#options 	SPLASHSCREEN

It looks like, at minimum, you have to build your own kernel with that
option enabled.  I've never tried it, so I don't know what other
requirements there might be to make it work.

I did find a blog posting that might be useful though:

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/index.front?-tags=vesa

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the