Re: Can I use a native Linux installation as DomU?

   On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 09:13:01AM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:
   >    I am stuck on networking. My Dom0 uses wifi, which is bridged with
   >    bridge0.
   >
   >    By setting static IP on DomU I was able to ssh/network with Dom0 but not
   >    able to connect with the internet. May be I have to do packet forwarding
   >    explicitly on Dom0. But that sounds a little roundabout.
   >
   >    Perhaps my situation is same as described here:
   >    http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_in_WiFi_networks
   >
   > Yes, you are almost certainly running into that issue, as I did.  There

   On DomU all I need is a browser to work. I thought SOCKS proxy via Dom0
   would be a quicker solution, though it's application layer. It is working
   also - if I provide ip address of a website. However I do not know how to
   make DNS requests go via ssh proxy. If I could do that I can browse from
   DomU using SOCKS.

   Mayuresh

Ya, I messed a bit with that notion, except I used tinyproxy, and found
that the lack of DNS made it simpler to use NAT on DOM0.  I suppose if you
installed a DNS cache server on DOM0 and pointed the guests there it
something like SOCKS or tinyproxy would function.  I didn't have time to
mess around with that, and NAT ended up being simpler.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]