Re: Making Xen utilize all cores

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 07:58:26AM +0200, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat
IT&Internet) wrote:
> On 29. August 2014 05:32:34 MESZ, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> >The CPU column shows only 2 CPUs. This is actually a quad core
> >processor.
>
> hmmm,
>
> as far as i can read  there is no anomaly.
>
> i read there:
>
> VCPU: 0-3 (4 cores)
> CPU: any CPU (could run on each core) - this is usual  as long as you  did
> not pin any cpu to  dom0 or domU's  explicitely.

Yes, but "any CPU" is limited to those listed in CPU column.

See http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Tuning_Xen_for_Performance#Dom0_vCPUs for
example. Here CPU 0,1,2,3 appear. In my output only 0 and 3 do.

Further, I have CPU bound load test scripts. If I launch 2 of them
simultaneously, they get 50% CPU (not 100% which I get when I start
without xen) and take real time which is double the cpu time to finish.

Mayuresh.