Re: Reliable way to run emulated Linux under NetBSD

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 08:33:03AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
|On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:22:16AM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
|> I'm looking for a reliable and flawless way to run emulated Linux
|> (GNU/Linux distribution under some tool). I'm using i386 and amd64.
|
|A Xen domU under a NetBSD dom0 would do that job.

just curious - has anyone thought of creating a Linux Docker API
work-alike layer for NetBSD to act as either a guest or host? I
understand that Xen is probably a preferred solution for the moment, but
I would be curious as to whether that might be useful as an approach

it is definitely flavour of the month in DevOps circles now but might
be worth a look ... I'm not a dev, so I have no idea how much work that
would entail behind the scenes to implement

as far as I understand it, in order to get any sort of widespread
adoption the Docker API would need to be fairly stable and consistent
among the various Linux flavours and kernel versions out there, which
might make it a good target to work toward from the *BSD side ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert