problem with mount_psshfs

Hello,

I'm using NetBSD 6.1.4 amd64 with qemu as a guest on Linux.  I access my Linux
home dir with

mount_psshfs <user>@<IP>:/ /mnt/linux

On Linux I have a dir with permission 700 owned by <user>.  If the same user
(id) on NetBSD copies a file with permissions 400 into this Linux dir an empty
file is created and error message "Operation not permitted" occurs.  No matter
if -f is used for cp(1).  The only way to copy the file correctly is to give an
existing Linux file write permissions or to create a Linux file with write
permissions.  That does not make sense to me.  On local NetBSD filesystem
everything works as expected.  Could there be a bug in mount_psshfs?  (I'm
using ssh mounts since years on other systems and never noticed this.)

--Carsten