Import timeout(1) from FreeBSD

Hello,

The FreeBSD team produced BSD-licensed timeout(1).

Sources http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=268745
Production https://phabric.freebsd.org/D377

Is it a good idea to import their result into our base trees?
This tool will make my life easier, my use case is doing tests of a certain
executable, grab results logs from a certain time (like 1-60 sec) and then
repeat N times. I was using subshells, transfering PID and then using the
kill(1) command.

Some utilities contain a timeout option, but it won't necessarily help if a
process hangs.

My goal is not to find a walk-around using chain of existing tools (so
increasing burden in shell scripts), but make life easier taking this
specialized tool.

With regards.