Re: Re: pkgin: mplayer-1.1.1nb1 is not available on the repository

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:11:26AM +0200, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> > > Are not all packages available for all amd64 NetBSD releases? And if
> > yes--why did pkgin not know this?
> >
> > You cannot distribute useful binary package for MPlayer for legal reasons.
>
> I know that from Linux, but had not expected it on NetBSD.
>
> But if that's the reason why does "pkgin avail" list it?

I'm not sure. But as already mentioned, it would be worth performing "pkgin up"
-- there's a version of the MPlayer package newer than what your system is aware
of.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:11:26AM +0200, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> Or do I have do setup an alternative server path to be able to install it?

Depending on what you need from MPlayer, it *will* be necessary to let pkgsrc
know about some non-default details.

For example, the following is in my /etc/mk.conf:

    LIBDVDCSS_MASTER_SITES=http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/
    ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= libdvdcss-license
    ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+= mplayer-codec-license

This lets me play commercial DVDs on my NetBSD laptop. But AFAIK the only way to
install MPlayer this way is to not use binary pakages -- you'll have to compile
from source.

-Christian