Re: Switching user and environment variables to root to install packages

On 2 July 2014 09:14, Rocky Hotas <rockyhotas%post.com@localhost> wrote:
> In order to install new pagkages with pkgsrc it is necessary to set the
> environment variables PATH and PKG_PATH.

If you're planning to install from precompiled binaries consistently,
I suggest that you use pkgin instead. Once you have adjusted your
pkgin.conf, it doesn't matter if you use a root shell or sudo, because
you don't rely on env variables.

--
Ottavio