Re: something is randomly closing ssh-tunnels (was: ipfilter randomly dropping..)

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 09:50:59AM -0700, Brandon Vincent wrote:
> On 06/23/2014 09:25 AM, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> > But the thing is.. the server apparently
> > sends a FIN.. hence the server closes the
> > connection, nothing in between. And it
> > does so out of the blue without any
> > messages or errors.
>
> It's still hard to say that there is nothing interfering with the
> network traffic. I've seen newer firewalls gracefully terminate (not
> just drop) explicit FTP connections when the client negotiates without
> SSL/TLS.
>
> If not a firewall, I'm still betting on some sort of network change.

Due to the "alternating" nature of the issue, I would bet the same.  I
just can't wrap my head around the fact that the server actually closes
the connection.  If some other participant triggers the FIN, I'd expect
some evidence inside the pcaps.. but apart from the client being late
with ACKs, the connection shows nothing abnormal to the naive eye.