NPF: Not working like it should

Dear List

I am beginning to play with IPv6 and am also considering
switching from ipfilter to npf.

After reading the documentation at netbsd.org and the
manpage, I don't understand, why this doesnt work:

---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
$EXTIF = ifnet(vr0)

procedure "log" {
        log: npflog0
}

group (name "external", interface $EXTIF) {
    pass stateful in final family inet proto tcp to $EXTIF port ssh
    pass stateful out final all
    block all apply "log"
}

group (default) {
    pass final on lo0 all
    block all
}
---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------

(ssh SYN packets get blocked and appear on npflog0)

... while this ruleset works: (same ruleset without 'port ssh')

---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
$EXTIF = ifnet(vr0)

procedure "log" {
        log: npflog0
}

group (name "external", interface $EXTIF) {
    pass stateful in final family inet proto tcp to $EXTIF
    pass stateful out final all
    block all apply "log"
}

group (default) {
    pass final on lo0 all
    block all
}

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Thanks
Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                            kach%msw.ch@localhost