Re: openbsd -> netbsd : same yet feels different ...

At date and time Wed, 18 Jun 2014 07:39:59 +0300, Terho Uotila wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 00:06:12 +0100
> Gerard Lally wrote:
>
> > guide. Indeed I am still not 100% clear about it. It's also difficult
> > to get mk.conf working so that GNU and Perl and Sourceforge software
> > is pulled from a local mirror. No matter what I try to get it pulled
> > from HEAnet in Dublin most of it still seems to come from Vienna!
> >

> Have you tried setting MASTER_SORT in /etc/mk.conf?
> (see /usr/pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf)
>
> Sites seem to be listed in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/fetch/sites.mk, and most do
> not have irish mirror listed, maybe you also need to add
> MASTER_SITE_XXX+= ftp://your.nearest.mirror to /etc/mk.conf
>
> (I haven't tried these, but they don't seem unreasonable ideas to try.)

Yes I tried it with .ie first in MASTER_SORT but it didn't seem to make
any difference. I then disabled MASTER_RANDOM_SORT and then added the
following at the bottom of mk.conf:

MASTER_SITE_GNU=        ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/gnu/
MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE=ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/sourceforge/

This seems to have fixed it for me so far. I'll now try Irish mirrors
for Perl. Many thanks!

--
Gerard Lally