Re: Create a file with history in sh

> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM
> From: "Greg Troxel" <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
> To: "Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas%post.com@localhost>
> Cc: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: Create a file with history in sh
>

> I've redirected followups to netbsd-users.  tech-userlevel is for
> arguing about complicated bugs or proposed changes ;-)

Ok :) and sorry for the mistake.

> I suggest keeping root
> as /bin/sh for avoiding problems, but best practice is to use the actual
> root account sparingly anyway.  (sudo -E will give you a uid 0 version
> of your own shell, sourcing dotfiles.)
> /bin/sh in NetBSD is intentionally minimalist:

Thank you for your advices. If this is the right place (or tell me if it is
better to continue this discussion privately), I would have three questions:

- why /bin/sh is intentionally minimalist? Which are its main purposes?
- why do you suggest /bin/sh as default shell for root?
- do you suggest to seldom use the root account in order to prevent some system
damages, like in the other *nix systems, or for other reasons?

Rocky