Re: How to reestablish/reconfigure a RAIDframe RAID1 system?

Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:

 > On June 7, 2014 8:29:40 AM EDT, "i.m.martinsen"
 > <i.m.martinsen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
 > >On wd2 I was preparing to install NetBSD v6.1.4 and apparently I was
 > >able to do so,
 > >but whenever I tried to boot the system on wd2 it did not finish the
 > >boot-sequence,
 > >because somehow the RAID filesystem was read and defined as root file
 > >system instead
 > >of the root file system on wd2.
 >
 > What if you try "boot -a" from the boot menu, then explicitly tell it to use
 > root on wd2?

It worked, sort of. I was able to get a "mixed" v6.0/v6.1.4 up and
running. Unfortunately it took me too long to discover I had a v6.0
netbsd kernel on the wd2 root filesystem. When that was fixed, v6.1.4
was running as expected.

Thank you for reminding me of the "boot -a" option. I had forgotten
all about that.

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael
--