Re: Kernel hang on i386 running 6.1.3

I believe the NetBSD ath source, and in fact most of the wireless support, was
originally imported from FreeBSD.  It appears that last changes in NetBSD were
done about 3 years ago.  A quick check of FreeBSD shows they've made changes as
recently as three months ago.  In fact the ath driver in FreeBSD 10.0 claims to
support *all* Atheros devices except those based on the AR5005VL chipset.  Wish
I was capable of importing the FreeBSD wireless code back into NetBSD as it
sure would bring the system up to date and make it much more capable of
supporting a lot of the newer wireless devices now on the market.

All the cards that I've found and tried to use that didn't work with NetBSD
would have worked with FreeBSD based on my reading of the Version and Device
codes.