Re: Booting arguments for NetBSD under qemu

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 01:05:04PM +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Recent NetBSD sparc32 releases do not cooperate well with qemu.

Can you share details?

We run automatic tests on qemu for sparc, see:

   http://releng.netbsd.org/b5reports/sparc/

but this machine uses an older qemu version.

>   qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -hda disk.img -cdrom sparccd-5.2.2.iso \
>      -boot d -nographic
>
> Ideally,
>
>   qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -hda disk.img -nographic
>
> would boot the installed system, but alas, it does not.

The something went wrong during installation.

Btw, just for fun you might want to look at pkgsrc/misc/py-anita.
running it with the "interactive" command would give you a working system.

(Maybe check pkg options first, you may prefer a newer qemu which is optional
in that pkg.)

Martin