Re: Building emacs

Hi,

As you guessed I want some kind of gui support :) It is just that gtk3 sucks quite a bit (I have it on OpenBSD as binary package) and also being an older machine I wanted to optimize space having only one library.

Just to be sure, I modified my mk.conf to:
cat /etc/mk.conf
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=    -gtk3
PKG_OPTIONS.emacs=      gtk2

I get similar results as you:
narsil$ sudo make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        dbus     Enable dbus (desktop bus) support.
        svg      Enable SVG support.
        xft2     Enable Xft support.
At most one of the following window-system options may be selected:
        nextstep         Enable Cocoa or GNUstep support.
        x11      Enable X11 support.
At most one of the following toolkit options may be selected:
        gtk2     Enable support for GTK2.
        gtk3     Enable support for GTK3.
        motif    Enable motif support.
        xaw      Enable Xaw support.

These options are enabled by default:
        dbus svg x11 xft2

These options are currently enabled:
        dbus gtk2 svg x11 xft2

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.emacs.

show-depends for me gives:
narsil$ sudo make show-depends
dbus>=0.91:../../sysutils/dbus
librsvg>=2.36.4nb7:../../graphics/librsvg
libXft>=2.3.1nb3:../../x11/libXft
fontconfig>=2.10.93nb2:../../fonts/fontconfig
png>=1.6.0nb1:../../graphics/png
jpeg>=9:../../graphics/jpeg
tiff>=4.0.3nb5:../../graphics/tiff
giflib>=5.0.4:../../graphics/giflib
libotf>=0.9.13nb2:../../graphics/libotf
m17n-lib>=1.6.4nb6:../../devel/m17n-lib
gtk2+>=2.24.20nb2:../../x11/gtk2
hicolor-icon-theme>=0.9nb1:../../graphics/hicolor-icon-theme
desktop-file-utils>=0.10nb1:../../sysutils/desktop-file-utils

no gtk3 in here! so.... what now? It also look squite similar to your output, doesn't it! Does it work for you?

Riccardo