Thinkpad R61 suspend/resume

Hi all,

I just bought an old Thinkpad R61 laptop, fixed it up to working order
and installed NetBSD 6.1.3(amd64) on it.
Unfortunately there are a few glitches, the most annoying being the
suspend/resume system not working. The machine appears to suspend
properly, but when I bring it up again I just get a black screen.
Does anybody have a working suspend/resume setup for a similar Thinkpad?

Thanks,
Béla.