Xvnc and kde package issues with NetBSD 6.1.3

I just did a fresh install of NetBSD 6.1.3 and I'm running into some issues installing some packages. I installed pkgin, which ended up with a repository.conf that contains:
  http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.1/All
which is actually a symlink to .../6.0_2013Q4/All.  So far, so good.

The first problem I ran into is that the vnc package (3.3.3.2nb7) seems to want to open things from /usr/X11R6 (e.g. "Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb'") when I run Xvnc, but since at least 6.0 the version of X is X11R7. I was able to work around that by creating a symlink, but based on the timestamps in the tarball, the package was built on January 7th, so it should have the correct paths, no?

The next issue I ran into is that I installed kde (3.5.10nb2) and started it with startkde, but it generates a number of errors, including one that seems to have been discovered and fixed back in 2007: /usr/pkg/lib/libarts_xine.so.0: Undefined PLT symbol "ao_new_port" (symnum = 541)

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=37224

I haven't looked into this much yet, but some clearly seems a bit off.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Did something go wrong with the build of these packages, or am I somehow getting the wrong versions of them?

Eric