Re: Soekris Net6501 install from USB stick newbie issues

On 01/26/2014 08:44 PM, Jan Danielsson wrote:
On 26/01/14 19:06, g.lister wrote:
I am trying to get NetBSD installed on a Soekris 6501 with an i386 CPU
but I am having some issues getting any output from the serial console
beyond the first boot prompt and selecting option 1 for the install with
ACPI enabled.

    I just booted from the bootable USB image, without making any
modifications. All I had to do was to set the appropriate baud rate on
the other end (minicom; set to 9600(?)) and it booted up using the
serial console. If I recall correctly, the default baud-rate on the
combios and in NetBSD was different, so I changed that first (in combios).

    Difference was I used a slightly older NetBSD, and I used
NetBSD/amd64, but I assume these things would be pretty identical.

OK I installed minicom and changed the baud rate to 9600 and remove the hardware flow control so no hardware or software flow control. Copied the image again as every time I go into the blank screen the soekris cannot read the USB stick after and tried using minicom for the job unfortunately with the same result -> blank screen with a cursor in the top left corner.

I am not sure if I should try amd64... the CPU is 32 bits not 64...

Thanks for your help.
George