Re: Thinkpad T42 and NetBSD - Experiences?

On 21 December 2013 12:23, herbert langhans <w3%langhans.com.pl@localhost>
wrote:
> My question - is anybody out there who had ever used one with NetBSD?
> Anything I should know about this model before I buy it and install
> NetBSD on? Are there known incompatibilities or is this Thinkpad a
> safe choice

I can't say about the T41 but I have an old(ish) X61, which has
slightly better specs that yours. I run Netbsd 6.1.2 from a USB memory
stick (planning to installing onto HD soon), no swap (have 2G ram) and
minimal X with Fluxbox and Firefox and it runs fine. One thing, the
keyboad hotkeys and the volume keys don't work (there could be some
workarounds but I'm not bothered).

Netbsd 6.1.2 run a generic Thinkpad driver (man 4 thinkpad) that does
the job for acpi.

Have you tried on the Lenovo forum as well?

--
Ottavio