spurious reboot

I have a new x86 machine that reboots on its own a few times a day.
There is no kernel panic (I have ddb.onpanic=1 to be sure I could not
miss it), no warning message, nothing, it just reboots.

Is there a way for a software bug to cause that? I assumed so far that
software problems would cause a panic, and therefore I focused on
finding a hardware problem. but now I have replaced every bit of the
machine except disk and RAM, I am not sure of that point anymore.

Emmanuel Dreyfus