Re: too many inodes error from fsck

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Oct 3,  3:02pm, netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost (Stephen Borrill) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: too many inodes error from fsck

| On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Brett Lymn wrote:
| > On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 07:58:12PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| >>
| >> And this is i386 I guess, because the number of inodes is suspect:
| >>
| >> ... 0x51e4a0ed ... I guess your only chance is to try to fix it
| >> with 64 bit fsck because given the number of inodes the 32 bit fsck
| >> will need to allocate more than 4G... Or edit pass1.c and clamp
| >> the inospace and hope of the bast.
| >>

| > Or be really brutal and use fsdb and clri that inode - accepting the
| > fact that you will lose data.
|
| I did a bit of all of this.
|
| I switched ot 6.1.2 NetBSD/amd64 and used clri to remove the DUP and BAD
| inodes. After that, fsck died with out of swap (there was none, as I was
| using the USB boot image). So I added swap and fsck eventually died with:
|
| bad inode number 389260032 to nextinode

I think you need to clri that one too...

I tried it, but I read that message as saying that an unknown inode has a
link to an invalid inode in a linked list and the inode I need to clear is the one that references the invalid inode.

| This is a 7.2TB RAIDframe array. Have used this size of array to >100%
| full on netbsd-5 without problems in the past.

Something corrupted it... Badly...

It has WAPBL enabled on it, so I would have hoped the metadata would be OK even if the actual file contents were not :-/

--
Stephen