Re: OpenSSL - Any good tutorials (or cook-books) available?

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 01:57:22AM +0200, Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    I'm guessing that since you want something unfancy, yet are looking
> for openssl commands, that you want to generate a CA certificate, a
> server key+certificate and tell the server to use them, and then tell
> the client to use TLS.

Even for an "unfancy" setup you have have certificate created by
a trusted CA. StartSSL give out free certificates. Please look
here for details: http://www.startssl.com/?app=1

If you use them you only need to create the RSA key and the cert request
and submit the later one to them.

        Kind regards