Re: X11 makes blakck screen

I used to run X ok on a Thinkpad 600, probably in 2004.  I was using
XFree86, not Xorg.   I would try making a config file and simplifying
it.  It may be that the server is trying to use interal/external at
once, or something else complicated, and that triggers bugs that you
could avoid.

(Not related to X, but man cbb and note the FIXUP lines.  I dimly
remember that the rbus_min_start is needed on 600E but not 600, and 600
needed FIXUPs.)