Re: Frustrating network latency issue on NetBSD 6.1

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 09:19:29PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I am having some terrible network latency issues with NetBSD 6.1 i386,
> since my last hardware upgrade. Sadly, both the laptop and router are new
> so not able to figure out what contributes to the issue.

It's a problem with either NetBSD iwn driver or the router or both. I am
not sure.

I worked around it.

I connected the USB modem directly to the laptop. Fortunately it is
supported. Now there is 0 packet loss when connecting to internet.

One disadvantage of this is 3G signal range is not uniform throughout the
building. So I have to confine myself to areas where the strength is good.

Now I'd like to share this network with other devices at home over wifi
("tethering" on NetBSD laptop).

I see some notes here: http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/

Would appreciate if someone can pass on more tips or experiences of doing
this.

Mayuresh