Re: Frustrating network latency issue on NetBSD 6.1

On 20 Jun 2013 at 20:36, Mayuresh wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:45:08PM -0000, David Lord wrote:
> > > I think 36% is a large number for packet loss?
> >
> > It is unless the link is very busy when icmp might be
> > dropped.
>
> Ok, I'll check whether there is a way in this router to check its network
> activity.
>
> > What was your "ping" commandline?
>
> Just "ping router" where router is router's host name.
>
> Mayuresh.

If the problems only started since you upgraded to NetBSD-6.1
that suggests either a misconfiguration or an incompatibility
has been introduced.

Have you compared /var/boot/dmesg.boot and /var/log/messages
for errors from before and after you upgraded?

David