Re: More puzzing nmbclusters

>> No. The only result that doesn't produce an Invalid argument is … 16384.
>>
>> What can I do?
>>
>> This is a NetBSD/i386 machine with 2GB physical RAM.
>
> Probably you are hitting hard limits in the code.   I would look through
> the kernel source.  Beware that just increasing the NMBCLUSTERS without
> also increasing kernel virtual address space is likely to lead to KVA
> exhaustion, which is not pretty, and manifests itself as a machine which
> is not quite crashed but won't do much.

So would this problem be remedied if I switched the system from i386 to amd64?
Would the limits be more to my tastes, or do they behave similarly under the
same memory conditions?

I still do not quite get it to fit in my head that we didn't have the problem
with NetBSD 5; we could just set the NMBCLUSTERS to something quite bigger
there and be happy.

Thank you
 Konrad