Re: NetBSD Bootable CD ROM HOWTO

Hi Folks

You can browse the NetBSD ftp site:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.1_RC4/amd64/installation/floppy/

You can download entire subdirectorie for 6.1 RC4 and build your own image with mkisofs and later burn.

I hope this information can be useful for you.

Regards.

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Julian Fagir <gnrp%komkon2.de@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 7 May 2013 23:30:36 -0700 John Refling wrote:
> I wanted to re-burn one of the i386 install CDs and add a few programs
> (6.1_RC4) which now seems to have disappeared
>
> On the website here:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/bootcd.html#i386image
>
> it gives (old) instructions involving using the boot-big.fs as the boot
> image for the cd.
>
> I cannot find that file anywhere on the CD media.  There is the boot[1-5].fs
> etc. for the floppy boot image.
>
> Maybe the docs should be updated too?

imho, this documentation shouldn't be updated, but archived.
I don't exactly know how it is done, but you should look into build.sh and
the according Makefiles to see what a current image creation does.
Of course it would be nice if you documented what you find and write a small
howto how to create your own CD image. ;-)

Regards, Julian

--
Francisco Valladolid H.
 -- http://blog.bsdguy.net - Jesus Christ follower.