Re: Please help Apache Segmentation fault

Hello,

I am seeing "[notice] child pid 16566 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)" in my apache error_log. There is something like 66790 in maybe 1 or 2 days. I think this problem is being caused by php. Also, I am getting many core dumps from apache. I wonder if this could be causing the issue that I am having with sokva. Since the child process does not exit cleanly, could it be leaving things in the kernel, eventually filling the kernel's sokva area? I now have my kern.somaxkva = 100663296. This is not helping. If I don't reboot the system everyday, then all apache processes go into a stat of sokva. I am desperate to find a solution!
Thanks,
Al

For Google archiving - happened to me also after a pkgin full-upgrade to pkgsrc-2012Q4 binaries on a 6.0 system. pkgin updated apache and apr-util but didn't updated apr (version was unchanged). Executing "pkgin -F install apr" fixed the problem for me.

--
Mihai