Re: Wireless problem with a Conceptronic CH3WNAS, and more

On 2013-04-13 16:29, Frank Wille wrote:
Although I have a CH3WNAS and a DSM-G600 myself, I rarely used them
with WLAN. I remember that the implemented RALink RT2525 is nearly
unusable, because it only worked when being within 1 or 2 meters of
the base station.

You are talking about the driver, I suppose? I haven't done much with this box when it was running Linux, but as far as I tested the wireless was sufficient.

2) When I shutdown or reboot the box from the commandline, it often
hangs after spawning

Do you have tmpfs file systems?

No. I didn't change much to the stock configuration.

CH3WNAS# mount
/dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local)
kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
ptyfs on /dev/pts type ptyfs (local)
procfs on /proc type procfs (local)

Maybe it has something to do with PR41766?

What is PR41766?

I have cross-posted my reply to netbsd-users, because all above are
general NetBSD questions and have (hopefully ;) nothing to do with
the sandpoint port.

Ah, thanks.