Re: [Q] emacs on 6.1 candidate (i386)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:36:26 +0100
Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios%cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 07:27:50PM -0400, V S P wrote:
>
> > I am a new user so apologise if the question is trivial.
> >
> > I cannot get emacs to work
> > Getting a segfault after pgkin install
>
> try to change the stack limit - I've seen problems with a too big or
> too small stack limit.
>
> (ulimit -s with sh, limit stack with csh)
>
>       -is

I'm seeing coredumps with emacs24 as well (but on amd64).  What I've
tracked it down to is:

  1) You have a directory that looks like this (with a CVS
  subdirectory):

  prompt> ls *
  foo

  CVS:
  Entries     Repository  Root
  prompt>

  2) If you run 'emacs foo' then it crashes.

  3) If you run 'emacs' and then load 'foo' it's fine.

  4) If you remove CVS/Entries you can do 'emacs foo' just fine.

That's as far as I've gotten... (and yes, I should have filed a PR..)

Later...

Greg Oster