Re: 6.1_RC2 build fails

Thank you very much for your kind response.

* Greg Troxel (gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost) wrote:
>   use absolute paths for -O and -T.  I'm not sure this advice is
>   accurate, but I know absolute paths are ok, and your reported error
>   sounds like path confusion.
Absolute path doesn't work either.

>   redirect stderr also.  That's missing.
But I think that /usr/bin/nohup also redirects stderr to log file.
Nevertheless I've tried explicit redirecting stderr, the result is not changed.

>   in the directory that's trouble
>     $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-i386 cleandir
>     $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-i386 dependall
>   and see what happens.
Error still persists, build fails.

I have been using NetBSD from 5.1_STABLE.
Time to time, I always kept updating it from source.
At some point, I might do something wrong.
It's time to do fresh installation from iso.
But I shall wait until 6.1 RELEASE.

Thanks,
--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie