Re: Apache22 build fails for pkgsrc-2012Q4

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Christos Zoulas <>
> In article
> <>,
> Aleksey Cheusov  <> wrote:
>>On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Pongthep Kulkrisada
>><> wrote:
>>> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
>>> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
>>> *** Error code 1
>>Does rebuilding and reinstalling libtool-base solve the problem?
> Yes, but this is happening each time we upgrade things, so perhaps libtool
> can give a more intelligent message?

A lot of people experienced the same problem in the past including me,
but I have not analysed this problem yet. It would be nice to see
how func_infer_tag() function works with "set -x" activated to better
understand what exactly is mismatched and why (case "$@ " in).

As for libtool's message I think it is good enough if we read its
documentation (the node "Tags" in

What if we just follow libtool's suggestion and provide
--tag=CC when it is needed, at least in our patches?