Re: BSD Licensing Compatibility

> Hey,
> I am looking at creating a derived File system from currently available
> open-sourced File-systems. My big question is license compatibility, as i
> don't want to start the project only to find that the source i have used is
> not under a compatible license with the other source/s.
>
> The current sources i am looking at are licensed under the following:
> BSD License
> GNU GPL version 2
> GNU GPL version 1
>
> I understand you can license something under a multiple licenses, but i was
> kinda hoping to eventually release it under one of the BSD licenses.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Read the licences :-)

If you start with BSD, you can later release under BSD, FSF or
other, (cos BSD doesn't shackle you), whereas if you start with
code restricted by FSF/GNU/GPL you'r doomed to stay constrained).

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".