Re: system goes unresponsive

Just to add that commenting out the crontab entries for daily
maintenance worked, in that the system did not go unresponsive last
night.   Not a long-term solution, obviously, so any further insights
(e.g., which bits of daily maintenance are likely to stress the
system?) might help save me some hours of toil.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>