Re: system goes unresponsive

Thanks for the response, Christos.

If I exit from top, I can't do anything that I've tried so far, which
has not included 'netstat -m'.   It's not just the network that's
broken, I can't do anything directly on the console.   It's as if I
can't start a new process (and incoming requests, for rsync for
instance, or incoming emails, fail).

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>