Re: How to use x11 nouveau on NetBSD

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 01:47:12AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:42:26AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > I have an old Nvidia GeForce3 video card, which is supported by
> > xf86-video-nv x11 driver available in pkgsrc.
> >
> > Till now I never tried to check whether 3D games etc. would work on
> > NetBSD. I decided to try out a couple of games on NetBSD - tuxracer and
> > supertuxkart.
> >
> > As such the acceleration these games need is not working and some
> > searching around tells me that nouveau module is supposed to provide that.
> Where did yoy read that?

Mainly the home page:

Also pages related to various distros that show they have
xf86-video-nouveau x11 driver such as:

Instead of xf86-video-nouveau I find /usr/pkg/lib/ on
NetBSD. I am not sure whether this library is supposed to be doing what
xf86-video-nouveau x11 driver does for other platforms (examples above),
and if so how it is supposed to come in play when running x11.