Different CFLAGS for different files? ("blah may be used uninitialized" errors with -Os)

I seem to getting a lot of these "[something] may be used uninitialized
in this function" warnings while building 6.0.  Apparently I'm not the
only one - and apparently it's harmless, and is caused by using -Os:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/10/31/msg018124.html

I don't suppose anyone has thought of a way of working around this
without changing compiler flags for the whole build?  Right now I'm just
re-issuing the failed command manually with different compiler flags and
then restarting. (build.sh -o -u)

Not a huge deal, but it's annoying to have to babysit the process..

Magnus