Shrill, persistent beep booting NetBSD/amd64 6.0

Hi again everyone,

I've had so much fun with pkgin and NetBSD again on my desktop and my
VPS, I've decided to install the NetBSD/amd64 6.0 port on my ThinkPad X61s.

http://rubenerd.com/uploads/netbsd6amd64.beep.thinkpadx61s.jpg

The installer loaded just fine, but at the specific line shown in the
photo above, the speakers started emitting an ear-piercing shrill
PC-speaker sound, and didn't stop. I physically couldn't make it through
the install process, and had to do a hard reset.

Anyone know why NetBSD would cause a laptop to emit such a noise during
booting, short of there being a tiny gremlin caught in a fan duct?

Cheers,
Ruben

--
Cheers,