Re: Do you advise me to adopt NetBSD?

from vitsen%gmx.com@localhost:

> Any particular problems with wi-fis, printers or scanners?

I have not yet tested my USB wi-fi adapter, would use urtwn.

For printers and scanners, I have HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP, haven't been able
to make it work with either NetBSD or FreeBSD: screwy type of USB interface.
Trying to set up using Ethernet, NetBSD failed or refused to find the printer.
FreeBSD found the printer but couldn't install the binary plug-in.

But this is a recalcitrant printer, maybe NetBSD and FreeBSD might do better
with other, non-HP brands.

I still haven't got to properly test the printer under Linux.

By the way, USB 3.0 on the motherboard works in FreeBSD 9.0 and Linux.

Tom