Re: Booting NetBSD on GPT disk?

On 10/04/2012 02:33, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>How do you make a disk, USB stick or (USB or otherwise) hard drive bootable
>with GPT?

> Jeff Rizzo <> responded:

> We're still lagging behind a bit, but I have booted NetBSD off a GPT
> disk following this (very sparse) recipe:

There is still much to be done to integrate GPT support with the installer.

Recipe on that web page is about what I was planning to do, after failing with
the overelaborate method involving a small EFI partition.

Now the problem is building and installing NetBSD, so undependable on my
Intel Sandy Bridge computer, and sysinst is no good on GPT or on any
already-mounted partition.  I failed in an attempt to natively update a
NetBSD 5.1_STABLE amd64 installation that had been cross-compiled from