Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 00:36:41 -0400
> "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23%insightbb.com@localhost> wrote:

> > Pardon my ignorance of shell features, but what does the second line
> > of your suggestion do?

> > > CVS/Entries

> > on a line by itself?

> Did you try it?  :-)

>         $ ls > t
>         $ file t
>         t: ASCII text

>         $ > t
>         $ file t
>         t: empty

> Not the most common way to truncate a file, but hard to argue with.
> I'd imagine it works in any Bourne shell.

> --jkl

I tried something like that, on an already existing junk file, and it worked
just like

cat /dev/null > test/junk1.out

Reminds me of accidently trashing a file, when I wanted to view one screenful
at a time with "more"

more > \path\to\file   (this was in DOS or OS/2)

In one case, with OS/2, I had the file also in EPM text editor, so I
recovered by saving in the text editor.

I guess typing > instead of < is an easy typo to make.

Thanks for helpful response!

Tom