Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

I'm sorry to jump in, and not able to provide complete details at this
time, but this sounds like an open bug I reported couple years ago.
Search for my email in the bug tracker and it should be easy to find
(most recent).

In summary, I was developing procedure scripts to format media,
install the os, checkout sources from cvs, then build and install the
updated distribution. It always failed with the first build
distribution, something about sed not available in tools. The fix was
to build distribution again and it would always work the second time
through.

I never tracked down the issue, but I believe it exists in netbsd-4,
netbsd-5 and whatever the tag for netbsd-6 is now.

More details are in the issue report, I will followup next week if needed.

-George

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/