Re: Latest NetBSD 6.0_RC1

On Monday 20 August 2012 19:02:31 Greg Oster wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:05:09 +0100
>
> Dave Tyson <dtyson%wirralcavinggroup.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
> > Just CVS'ed up and built a GENERIC kernel for  6.0_RC1 on i386. The
> > build reported no errors, but the resulting kernel crashes very early
> > on and reboots the machine.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Were you running a BETA2 GENERIC kernel before?  Does it still work
> properly?
>
> Later...
>
> Greg Oster

Yes,  I've been running  Beta/Beta2 on this system for months without any
problems. I'll try on another system as NetBSD 6 has been very stable and so I
was rather suprised when the new kernel blew up! I reverted to an old kernel:

NetBSD darkstar.anduin.org.uk 6.0_BETA NetBSD 6.0_BETA (GENERIC) #3: Sat May
19 21:16:47 BST 2012
root%darkstar.anduin.org.uk@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386

and that's fine. I guess it may be a memory problem which the new kernel
tickles, I'll run memtest86 for a few hours and see if it reports a problem.

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org